Embedded Hardware Engineer
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Embedded Hardware Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
As an Embedded Hardware Engineer in this group, you will be responsible for designing and debugging new boards for the company’s products. While primarily working on the hardware, you must be comfortable writing firmware and deeply consider all systems software states in your hardware design. You must be able to participate as a team member in all the stages of a product design lifecycle.
- Primary responsibility for mixed signal design of analog and digital circuitry.
- Participate in board-level design and validation of electronic circuits including block diagram drawing, component selection, schematic drawing and PCB layout. Knowledge of specific PCB tool is not mandatory.
- Develop and assist with implementation of test plans for analog and digital circuitry
- Board bring-up and test
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required
- MSc or PhD in one of the above fields will be considered a strong asset
- Strong Electrical engineering fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Comfortable in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, frequency counters, etc.
- Expert at troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware/software
- Strong lab and benchtop skills for hardware bring-up, testing, and characterization
- Mixed-signal and embedded board-level design experience
- Experience with schematic tools and PCB layout techniques
- Experience in Microcontroller design
- Familiarity with embedded communications protocols (I2C/SPI/UART, Ethernet, WI-FI, Bluetooth, USB,etc.)
- Familiarity with analog signal conditioning
- Familiarity with EMC
- Experience in electronic component selection
- Familiarity with high speed digital signals and interfaces (e.g. DDR3, PCI-X, USB, etc.)
- Fluent in English language
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and schedules and to develop, organize and manage multiple tasks
- Be a self-starter with a sense of urgency to meet project goals and schedules while working with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently develop effective solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate acceptable written, verbal and inter-personal skills
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.