Senior Research Network Engineer
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Senior Research Network Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
The candidate will join a research team and work on innovative collaborative research projects in the area of network and telecommunication technologies along the 5G roadmap. As a research engineer, the candidate will work on a small group, while being versatile and independent, will tackle interesting research problems, will gain expertise in modern and emerging technologies and will interact with other research teams across Europe. The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- evaluation and application of scientific techniques for addressing research challenges
- specification and architectural design of research prototypes
- leading or contributing to technical reports and delivering technical presentations
- collaborating with technical teams or individuals of various backgrounds across Europe
- experimentation with new technologies and implementation of prototypes
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Networks or Telecommunications is essential
- Solid foundation in the Internet ecosystem, networks, telecommunications and 5G domain
- Experience in collaborative research projects
- Familiarity with Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, or C/C++
- Experience with Unix\Linux systems
- Excellent use of English language
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable
- Experience in managing research teams and/or H2020 projects
- Experience in building networking systems or distributed applications
- Familiarity with Management and Orchestration (MANO) and Multi-access/Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
- Experience with framework/tools (any of the following): OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenSourceMANO, ONAP, Open Baton, OpenDayLight, ONOS
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated tools (version control, issue tracking, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated to learn new technologies and investigate solutions
- Agile practitioner with excellent communication skills
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Team player able to represent the team in an international environment
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.