Research Engineer for Networks and Services
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Research Engineer for Networks and Services” to join a team of future shapers.
The candidate will become part of a research team focusing on innovative research projects in the area of information and telecommunications technologies, including upcoming 5G networks. As a research engineer, the candidate will work on a small group, while being versatile and independent, will tackle interesting research problems and will gain expertise in modern and emerging technologies. The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Evaluation and application of scientific techniques for addressing research challenges
- Design and implementation of experimental prototypes
- Experimentation with new technologies and existing systems
- Leading or contributing to technical reports and delivering technical presentations
- Configuration, deployment, maintenance and use of software engineering tools
- Collaborating with technical teams or individuals of various backgrounds across Europe
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical field
- Programming experience in Java, Python, or C++ is essential
- Solid foundation in the Internet ecosystem and networking protocols
- Good background with Unix\Linux systems
- Proven familiarity with Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Cloud computing
- Excellent use of English language
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable
- Experience in building networking systems or distributed applications
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated tools (version control, issue tracking, etc.)
- Familiarity with (any of the following): Multi-access/Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), Management and Orchestration (MANO), Internet of Things (IoT), Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Experience with framework/tools (any of the following): OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenSourceMANO, ONAP, Open Baton, OpenDayLight, ONOS
- Experience in experimental evaluation of prototypes
- Experience in collaborative research projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated to learn new technologies and investigate solutions
- Agile practitioner with excellent communication skills
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Team player able to represent the team in an international environment
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.