Software Development Engineer / System Applications
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Embedded Software Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
The successful candidates will be based in our headquarters in Athens, and will be involved in the design, implementation, development testing, and support of system and management application software, embedded into our innovative packet microwave and millimeter-wave radio systems, used in front-haul and mobile backhaul transport of 3G/4G/5G networks, as well as in fixed wireless access broadband systems.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong proficiency in software development using C++ (preferably modern C++11/14/17)
- Good understanding of OO design principles
- Solid understanding of Operating Systems concepts
- Knowledge of software life-cycle procedures/tools and experience in the GNU/Linux development environment
- Very good knowledge of English (oral & written)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in any of: multithreaded application development, real-time systems programming, large scale, high performance and high availability systems
- Knowledge of network management protocols (e.g. SNMP, NETCONF, etc.) and associated data models
- Experience in Web application development and RESTful APIs implementation
- Comfortable with shell scripting and use of common scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Professional development experience applying quality assurance methodologies and DevOps practices for testing, troubleshooting and optimizing software
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity and attention to detail
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others and how to work on other’s code
- Able to articulate the reasoning behind decisions and trade-offs
- Comfortable providing help, giving advice and making constructive criticism
- Flexible, with a strong desire to learn and accept new challenges
- Proactive and positive approach to work, willing to take ownership
- Comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting criticism
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.