R&D Telecom Engineer
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “Rn'D Telecom Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
The candidate will be involved in the development of automated system testing and support of our innovative Ethernet microwave and millimeter-wave radio systems, used in fronthaul and mobile backhaul transport of 3G/4G/5G networks, as well as in fixed wireless access broadband systems.
Responsibilities also include interoperability testing with third-party networking devices for the configuration and provisioning of Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Technological Educational Institution degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering, Informatics Engineering
- Very good knowledge in C++/C programming language
- Very good understanding on Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- Very good knowledge of bridging and IPv4 routing
- Experience in scripting languages for system, software testing and verification purposes
- Hands -on experience in Linux and system programming
- Experience in configuration and verification of Layer 2 and Layer 3 services in switches and routers
- Good understanding of Linux TCP/IP networking stack
- Experience in using network protocol analyzers and traffic generators
- Cisco Routing & Switching CCNA, CCNP
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity and attention to detail
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others and how to work on other’s code
- Able to articulate the reasoning behind decisions and trade-offs
- Comfortable providing help, giving advice and making constructive criticism
- Comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting criticism
- Flexible, with a strong desire to learn and accept new challenges
- Proactive and positive approach to work, willing to take ownership
- Very good knowledge of English (oral & written)
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.